So my parents came to visit last week and it was a blast! They left today and as usual, was teary eyed as they drove away! My birthday is later this week, but they couldn't come then so they came a week earlier to celebrate! What fun we had! Soon I will put up pictures of all of the new goodies Austin and I now have for our apartment including a kitchen table and entry way table courtesy of Ashley furniture and my mom and dad!! These will be our first 2 REAL pieces of furniture! Sure we have a couple of pieces from IKEA (which were really cheap and are already showing wear and tear!) so I was very excited that they got us something so great for my birthday!
I feel sad at times that I haven't always appreciated my parents like I should have when I was younger. I mean, I've always loved them and were thankful to have them but I think for the most part I took them for granted. Moving 16 hours away has really changed my outlook on a lot of things! I love the time I get to share with them but am sad it can only be for a week at a time every few months! Hopefully when A is finished with law school that situation can changed! For you readers out there, if you haven't lately....show your parents some love! I may not have always agreed with my parents in the past, but there are not two people out there who support me as much as they do!
Hope everyone's week is WONDERFUL! I have been dealing with a lot of work stress lately and haven't been as positive as I should/need to be. I saw this quote today on Juliana's blog and have decided it will be my daily theme this week.
"Every day may not be good...but there's something good in every day."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading your comments so leave as many as you like :-D I read each and every one and it's such a joy knowing someone is reading!