I love to read. Since I was a little kid, I read books as much as I could. I would even trade some tv nights to just curl up with a good read. However, my love for reading got pushed aside while I was in college. After reading and studying a lot during the week, the last thing I wanted to do when I got home was read more. Now that I am done with school and find myself with a lot of free time after work while Austin is cramming away, I have started back up reading. I have read quite a bit since we have moved to Lubbock, and I thought it would be good for myself (and slightly nerdy) to set a goal for 2010 for how many new books I would like to read. My goal right now is 50 (which I know sounds like a lot, but in all honestly I am not filling my mind with really deep and intense storylines). Every week I thought I would share with you guys the books I have just finished or am currently reading. Maybe my reviews will be helpful to you guys or maybe it will bore you to death and you will try to avoid reading my blog that day, we'll see.
Books that I have finished so far in 2010:
1. Meg Cabot - Size 12 is Not Fat
2. Meg Cabot - Big Boned
3. Rebecca Wells - Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood
4. Emily Giffin - Something Borrowed
5. Emily Giffin - Something Blue
6. Emily Giffin - Baby Proof
7. Alice Sebold - The Lovely Bones
I just finished The Lovely Bones and let's just say it was "different." I haven't seen the movie, but have heard it was really good. The book was good just kind of strange at times.
I am loving Emily Giffin's books. Last year I read all of Sophie Kinsella's book (She wrote Confessions of a Shopaholic) and I think if you have read anything of Sophie's you would enjoy Emily's books.
My current book:
This is the 4th book by Emily Giffin and is wonderful so far. It is about a married couple who have to deal with an ex boyfriend of the wife coming into the picture and the feelings it brings back to her.
So I now have 43 more books I need to read to reach my goal....hope I can make it!
Blog friends, what are some of your favorite authors/books???
aww I love your new blog layout, its so pretty! you love reading just as much as I do. I got a Kindle for Christmas and I've already read 5 books. so far I've read: The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown, Dear John by Nicholas Sparks, Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Annie Barrows and Waiter Rant by "The Waiter" (a really funny book if you've ever been a waitress!. Right now I'm reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson which is apparently part of a trilogy so I'm pretty excited about that. I've heard great things about "Love the One You're With" so let me know how you like it! I'm excited that you're doing this, thanks for sharing:o)
ReplyDeleteI left you a little something over at my blog today:o)
ReplyDelete