I hate to have another venting post this soon but I just need to get out some feelings I am having. You ever have one of those days where one person can ruin your whole day...and not just one day but days after because you just keep replaying the situation over and over again.
Well I had that person enter my life and upset my normal happy disposition. I wish that I was that person who could let things just roll off her back and not worry about what others think/say, but I'm just not that girl. The truth is, I live to please, and I try my best at everything I do. Sometimes, well ok a lot of the time, my confidence can be shaken up at the drop of the hat by certain people. I have previously vented about this particular person but they have gone and upset me again. GRRRRRR......
What gives people the right to belittle others or call them out in a very ugly way? Are their lives that boring that they need to dwell so greatly on what I do or if I mess up? Sounds a little pathetic to me! It's bad enough to do your best because it is your job and you want your employer to be content with your work...but to have the pressure to please those around you, your equals, is just too much. Sure I want the people around me to enjoy my company or at least be able to tolerate it, but I don't deserve to have attitude thrown so quickly at me with no merit. If I mess up or do something you like please tell me because I don't want to be doing things wrong or upsetting others. But do not come at me like you are my mom, or my teacher, or the one who signs my checks with such an ugly attitude that is completely uncalled for.
If you are on the same team as someone don't you want to help and encourage them? Don't you want them to do well because you both have the same goal? Why do you want to trample all over someone who is just trying to do their best and support her family?????? I'm pretty sure the saying is There is NO "I" in team, so why do others strive so hard to not get along. It's so much easier to be nice to people than it is be rude. The sad thing is , you know who this attitude hurts? It's not you, but it's me! I'm the one who has taken on this low self confidence in myself. I am the one who wants this week to rush by so I can forget about the hours I have spent worrying about this situation and beating myself up about it.
So I am pondering whether or not I want to be a part of this team....I mean, Why should I now???????
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Some people just don't know how to support - they just know how to nit pick. Hope everything works itself out one way or another! Feel free to vent away - its good to get things out!!
ReplyDeletelet me just say this...YOU ROCK! don't worry about venting over your blog, that's why we do it! that's what blogs are for, to tell others what's on your mind! i'm here for ya girl:o)
ReplyDeletewhen people become so nasty like that I just ignore them. it's that old saying from just about every Mom out there that always tells their kids to "walk away and ignore them". seriously. that's what I do. people like that just aren't worth your time. they are probably stressed out about something going on in their lives too and they want to take it out on others. OR they are just plain mean and if that's the case, what a shame.
smile:o) xo