About Me

My photo
I'm a TN girl who is living in a TX world. I am married to an attorney and we welcomed our sweet baby boy in February 2012! I am a dental hygienist but am trying out the SAHM routine for a while! I am working as a Thirty-One Consultant and it is a blast!! I thank God for blessing me with so much in this world. I am obsessed with all things Pinterest/DIY, Diet Vanilla Coke, my DVR and to-do lists :)

My Darling Husband

My Darling Husband
Here he is - the love of my life!

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Big Move

Lubbock Population : 212,169
  + Me and the Hubby : 212, 171

We left Bowling Green on July 31 and arrived in Lubbock on August 1.  Here is a snapshot of the uhaul right before we left...it was stuffed to the max!!!  


Emily and Julia came to say goodbye to us before we left and we just had to have a final group picture!  I will miss these two girls so much! (P.S. Emily and Julia - when you read this how about you consider coming to visit me soon please!!! :-) )

That day was exciting and sad all at the same time.  Ok, so maybe I didn't really show the excitement emotion very much that day.  Ok, maybe I didn't show alot of happiness the first week!  This is a new journey for me and Austin and I know eventually I will feel happiness and joy for this decision.  However, on this day all I could think about was how sad I was to say goodbye to family and great friends!  I know this is a part of growing up, but I wasn't 100% to change my routine.  I was happy being with my friends in KY and TN all the time.  I was happy to have been blessed with such an amazing church family.  I was pleased to have such amazing co-workers who made me laugh each and every day!  Also, it hurt to leave my parents and family.  I've lived away from home but this was the real deal this time.  No more driving down on the weekends to shop with my mom, hang with my dad, and reconnect with wonderful best friends.  This was the beginning of a new step for me and my husband.  I'm working on getting to the happy to be in Lubbock place!  So bear with me throughout this blog because like my emotions, you will all see many ups and downs through the days we are here!  Enough babbling and whining...here are a few pictures of our apartment! 

Here is our living room.  We love the size but I am not as pleased with the beautiful boxes lining the corner of the room!  We are moving out of this place at the end of October so we kept alot of non-essential items packed up!  (I'm hoping someone has noticed the One Tree Hill playing on the TV when this picture was taken)


Here is a shot of our kitchen.  We are using a card table as our kitchen table for now.  It's not the fanciest set up but it will do!!! Some things were not able to make the trip down here (due to limited space) and that included our kitchen chairs!  

Well those are the only pictures I have right now.  As soon as I clean the other rooms I will post the rest of our place!



1 comment:

  1. You have so much cabinet space in your apartment! It's so pretty!!! Hang in there, I hope it gets better for you.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments so leave as many as you like :-D I read each and every one and it's such a joy knowing someone is reading!