Life with a baby sure has its ups and downs. The UPS category wins hands down but it's not exactly a piece of cake! I never knew I could instantly love someone so much until Luke was born. It's crazy to think it was just me and him for 9 loooong months and in a few hours he was here for me to hold and cuddle :) Here is a quick snapshot of his first month - I'm trying to rack my brain and remember everything about that month and sadly a lot of it is one big haze :)
Those first few weeks you did pretty wonderful! I suffered some medical issues when you were about 2 1/2 weeks and so even though you were being a wonderful newborn, your tired and stressed out mama was having challenges. You were eating every few hours and sleeping like crazy! I think around 2 or 3 weeks we noticed you got hit with your first round of hiccups - they didn't seem to bother you one bit! We even got lucky and got it on tape! I'm sure when you're 18 you will love the random videos Dad and I took of you :) I love how every little movement or noise you make is so entertaining to us!
You were 8 lbs 4 oz when you were born and by the time we left the hospital you had dropped down to 7 lbs 6 oz (i think :-/) I was worried at first but every doctor assured me this was totally normal and that you should be back up to your weight within 2 weeks! Sure enough at your 2 week well check you were up to 8 lb oz!!
Mama and Daddy love you very much little one!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading your comments so leave as many as you like :-D I read each and every one and it's such a joy knowing someone is reading!