So bloggers, I need to VENT!
Why are there some people in the world who aim to hurt other with mean comments? Why do some people in the world need to cause drama? Why do some people think it is ok to spout off whatever rude thing pops in their head? Why do people act one way to your face and then another way when you aren't around?
I have a problem...... I do not like confrontation whatsoever. I run from it! Now some people see this as weak, but I just don't like saying things that may hurt others. It isn't worth it to me to win an "argument". I would much rather just get along. In fact that is problem # 2 I have....I have this need to have people like me. I don't want to be that girl that snaps back at others because I worry maybe they won't see this as being strong, but instead as being bratty. I've always worried and struggled with these two situations. I know alot of it stems from being an only child. Growing up I never had anyone really pick on me or walk all over me, and so I never really developed that need to defend myself. Well let me just say, I don't think this "always trying to be the nice one" always helps me in the end. Today when faced with an uncomfortable situation, I could have fought back with my words but instead I did what I always do....came home and cried until I felt better. After an hour of wondering why people are rude I came to the conclusion that is just how the world works sometimes and trying to be everyone's friend doesn't always benefit me but instead backfires. So, I've decided it is time I say no to letting people walk all over me! I don't want to be the target anymore. I don't want people acting like my friend one minute, only to find out they are running their mouths when I leave the room. I work hard every day to be good at my job and to be true to myself and be kind, and it is very upsetting to know that sometimes it is all for nothing. There are people in this world who don't care if I'm nice. They don't care if I'm doing the best job that I can and just want respect. No, sadly, sometimes they only care about themselves!!!!
Hopefully tomorrow I will have happier and more interesting things to post about. Thanks blog friends for putting up with this post!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Sarah, I'm so sad that you've had a rotten day. :( Unfortunately, people in this world aren't nearly as nice as you and don't worry about hurting others. In fact, sometimes it makes them feel better to make someone else feel as bad as they do. Go for it! Stick up for yourself, and don't worry about if they think you are bratty-sometimes a girl just has to get things off their chests! Hang in there, and call me if you need to vent via phone!
ReplyDeleteWELL SAID! I'm also sorry you had a bad day:o( Tomorrow is a brand new day though! I hate confrontation and drama as well, but def stick up for yourself! Girls always need to vent, a blog is the perfect place to do so:o) ENJOY your weekend!!!
ReplyDeleteI think the older I get-the more I realize I need to stand up for myself much more than I do! Why do we do that?
ReplyDeleteThanks for following my blog! It sounds like we have a lot in common! WKU and law school husbands!